Michael "Mike" Lombardi is a National Football League TV analyst, sportswriter and former NFL team executive. He appears on NFL Network's daily Total Access show as well as pre-game and post-game shows. He is also a sportswriter at NFL.com. Lombardi previously served as an NFL executive with the San Francisco 49ers, Cleveland Browns, St. Louis Rams, Philadelphia Eagles, and Oakland Raiders.
Mike and wife Mil Lombardi have 2 children together. The sportscaster is also the owner of a Lagotto Romagnolo.
- – Oakland Raiders: Hired by owner Al Davis to become Senior Personnel Executive working closely with the owner on all football matters. Liaison with head coach and owner; responsible for pro and college player evaluations; and handled veteran contracts.
- 1998 – Philadelphia Eagles: Promoted to Director of Pro Personnel after serving as a consultant to team owner Jeffrey Lurie in 1997. Managed the professional personnel department and advised owner and chief financial officer on all player contracts and salary cap issues.
- 1996 – St. Louis Rams: Prepared advisory reports for ownership during head coach search.
- 1987 to 1996 – Cleveland Browns: Joined team as Pro Personnel Director in 1987. Promoted to Director of Player Personnel in 1992 where he worked under head coach Bill Belichick and was responsible for all college and pro personnel decisions; managed salary cap and player personnel issues; oversaw staff of 13 college and pro scouts; handled all player contracts and advised head coach on all football matters.
- 1984 to 1987 – San Francisco 49ers: Hired as a scout,reported to head coach Bill Walsh and assistant coaches in all matters of college scouting and supplied information for use during the NFL draft.
- 1981 to 1984 – University of Nevada, Las Vegas: Hired as Recruiting Coordinator by Runnin’ Rebels head coach Harvey Hyde.
- 1977 to 1981 – Hofstra University, Hempstead, N.Y.: Defensive lineman and long-snapper.