– Wilson has played well versus weaker defensive backfields and the Lions are sportin’ street FA’s on the turf.
285 pass yds / 2 pass TDs – 40 rushing yds / 1 TD = 31 Fantasy Points
– Weeden has cut down on his turnovers, improved overall with his familiar target, Josh Cooper
, now in the Browns WR stable. He has formed a nice deep connection with Josh Gordon
and is gaining trust in Little once again. San Diego is not known for their defense.
375 pass yds / 3 pass TDs = 38 Fantasy Points
– Has been very good this season and Washington lacks any type of pass D.
402 pass yds / 4 TDs = 46 Fantasy Points
- Tennessee gives up a ton of yards in the air. Indy gives up a ton on the ground. If the coaches play their cards right, this will be a big scoring game!
393 pass yds / 3 TDs = 38 Fantasy Points
Matt Stafford – Seattle is very good on the Defensive side of the ball. Matter of fact, sell Stafford if you can….. His remaining schedule is not promising, especially with no Burleson!
– I don’t tell people to sit top tier QBs because match-ups usually mean nothing to them. But Eli is due for a bad game and struggled until late Week 7 vs. a weak Washington D. If you have a good backup option (I am starting Luck), think about sitting Manning versus a top ranked pass D!
Running Back GO
– Tennessee doesn’t have Pat Shurmur as a coach and they will try to expose the weak and injured Indy D for the bad run support they have.
130 yds / 1 TD – 4 rec / 57 yds – 29 Fantasy Points (33 in PPR)
– Another no-name-turned-Top 10 back in the Mike Shanahan
backfield. Morris is a must start every week, especially versus a depleted and old Steelers front three.
144 yds / 2 TDs – 5 rec / 77 yds – 1 TD = 39 Fantasy Points (44 in PPR)
Running Back NO
LaRod Stephens Howling – The most-added RB off the waiver wire this week, LSH is unlikely to repeat his Week 7 performance against a strong 49ers run D.
Steven Ridley – A few bad weeks and the task is no easier vs the Rams. Jeff Fisher has this young D playing extremely well, especially stopping the run. I expect Belichick to put it in the air early and often this week.
Wide Receiver GO
– Decker has a great connection with Peyton and is a must play weekly. I expect Decker to have a big week coming off the bye.
9 rec / 122 yds / 2 TDs = 29 Fantasy Points (38 in PPR)
– Roethlisberger seems to have a two week stretch where he will go mainly with Wallace, then two weeks with Brown. This is week two for Brown with an excellent match up!
6 rec / 107 yds / 2 TDs = 27 Fantasy Points (33 in PPR)
Wide Receiver NO
Josh Gordon – I see the Chargers shading S Eric Weddle
over to help in containing Gordon, thus making Little and Cooper the main targets here.
– An inconsistent WR going up against a very consistent pass defense. Todd Bowles debut as defensive coordinator will end in the Eagles shutting down Matty Ice & the Falcons pass game!
Tight End GO
– A few off weeks, Davis should be back on track in Week 8.
7 rec / 98 yards / 1 TD = 15 Fantasy Points (23 in PPR)
Antonio Gates – Gates will be targeted often vs a slumping Browns pass defense. Though it could be an interesting match up against a speedy LB Craig Robertson
5 rec / 65 yds / 2 TDs = 18 Fantasy Points (23 in PPR)
Week 8 Waiver Wire Gold
1 – Greg Little
– Little has been more reliable and seems to have his concentration lapses under control. With teams now looking to key on Gordon, Little should get more opportunities
2 – Josh Cooper – Who’d a thunk it? Browns players on the start and fantasy gold list? Yes, Josh Cooper is a great add right now. He is Weeden’s safety net, Shurmur is throwing the ball about 45 times a game, and Cooper looks like Welker with his ability to catch everything, find soft spots in the opposing defenses, and is a threat downfield as well.
3 – Chris Givens – Four weeks Givens has gone for 50+ and is starting to get more targets each week. On a team that lacks weapons, Givens is a must-add.
4 – Jonathon Dwyer – With consistent injuries to Mendenhall & Redman, Dwyer is a must add for any team needing a RB, wanting to handcuff one of the above mentioned backs, or just wanting good depth at the position.