· Kicker Phil Dawson tied an NFL single-game record after connecting on three field goals of 50 yards or longer, including a season-long 52 yarder. He joined six other kickers who have accomplished that feat with the most recent being Jacksonville’s Josh Scobee on October 24, 2011 against Baltimore. Dawson is 8 of 8 on field goal attempts this season. He has converted on four field goals attempts of 50-yard or longer this year and has made 11 such kicks in his last 17 games.
· Dawson also tied Doug Dieken for third place on the Browns’ career regular season games played list with 203. Dawson trails only Clay Matthews (232) and Lou Groza (216).
BROWNS CAREER REGULAR SEASON GAMES PLAYED
Player Years Total
1. Clay Matthews 1978-93 232
2. Lou Groza 1950-59, 1961-67 216
3. Phil Dawson 1999-2011 203
Doug Dieken 1971-84 203
5 Gene Hickerson 1958-60, 1962-73 202
6. Ozzie Newsome 1978-90 198
· Rookie quarterback Brandon Weeden completed 25 of 52 passes 320 yards. His 320 yards are the second-most by a Browns rookie, trailing the 322 he totaled earlier this season at Cincinnati on September 16. Weeden is the only rookie in team history to throw for 300 or more yards multiple times in one season. He joins Derek Anderson (three in 2007) and Kelly Holcomb (two in 2002) as the only Browns to throw for 300 or more yards multiple times in a single-season since the club returned in 1999. Weeden also completed the longest pass of his career when he connected with wide receiver Greg Little for 43 yards in the second quarter.
· Rookie running back Trent Richardson rushed for 47 yards and one touchdown. He also added four receptions for a career-best 57 yards. Richardson is the first Brown to record a rushing touchdown in three consecutive games since Peyton Hillis in 2010 and first Browns rookie to accomplish the feat since Eric Metcalf in 1989.
· First-year linebacker Craig Robertson recorded his second interception of the season on a pass in the end zone during the first quarter to thwart a potential Ravens scoring drive.
· The Browns recorded four sacks on the night. It was the first sack of the season for all four players as linebacker Scott Fujita, defensive back Usama Young and defensive linemen Ahtyba Rubin and Jabaal Sheared each registered sacks.
· Defensive back Dimitri Patterson totaled a career-high 11 tackles surpassing his previous best of seven, which he accomplished twice. His 11 tackles tonight tied for the team-lead with linebacker D’Qwell Jackson.
· In the second quarter the Browns completed a 94-yard, 11 play drive which resulted in a 1-yard touchdown run by Richardson. It was the team’s longest drive in distance since they completed a 95 yard, 14 play touchdown drive last year at Oakland on October 16.
· Rookie defensive lineman Billy Winn recorded a career-high with five tackles
· Rookie wide receiver Travis Benjamin returned one punt for 40 yards and two kickoffs for 47 yards (23.5 average). He also added two receptions for 26 yards.
· Left tackle Joe Thomas has started and played in each of the first 84 games of his career, while center Alex Mack has started and played in each of the first 52 games of his career. Neither one of the two have missed an offensive snap during their career.
· Defensive back Sheldon Brown has played in 164 consecutive regular season games, a figure which currently ranks fifth among all defensive players.